Last week I took a trip to Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida! I LOVE Disney! It is such a magical place, where dreams really do come true! I’ll be sharing some of my favorite parts and some must sees/dos for your next trip!
First Stop: Disney Springs
My best friend V and I at the Sprinkles Cupcakes ATM
People often forget about Disney Springs as part of their Disney vacations but it’s a must see! It is an outdoor complex filled with shopping, dining, and all sorts of entertainment! It’s the perfect stop for when you arrive at Disney and aren’t ready to go into the parks yet but what to get that Disney magic!
Some of my favorite spots at Disney Springs:
Lilly Pulitzer (Yes they have a Lilly store!)
Next Stop: Epcot
I love Epcot, it’s probably my favorite Disney park! I love exploring all of the different countries and trying their different foods (particularly the desserts). My favorite countries to visit are Italy, England, France, and Norway. They all have delicious food, here are some of my favorites:
Italy: Via Napoli, one of my favorites for some real Italian pizza!
England: Rose and Crown British Pub I’m not a big fan of English food but, I love their cider!
France: Les Halles Boulangerie and Patisserie So many yummy French desserts!
Norway: Kringla Bakeri Og Kafe The school bread is a must try!
There are so many other countries with so many foods that I need to try and hopefully add more to my favorites! Let me know what your favorites are!
This is from one of my previous trips during Flower and Garden Festival. I loved this event Epcot hosted, there were so much beauty and fun foods to try all over the park! One of my favorites is the Lavender Lemonade! It was so sweet with a bit of sour. It was so good, I may have gotten it 3 times….
Meeting the princesses! Epcot is definitely the best place to do this! They are all over the countries and are most often standing outside, with not a long wait! Snow White was right outside Germany and Belle was in France!
We also met in Elsa and Ana in Norway, Aurora in France, Mary Poppins in England and Jasmine in Morocco!
My favorite rides:
- Test Track: One of my favorites at Epcot! The ride let’s you experience the automotive design process, beginning with designing your own car! Throughout the ride you can see your design be compared in areas of capability, efficiency, responsiveness, and power. *Tip: Ride in the single rider line! You will be able to ride the ride much quicker than waiting over 80 minutes!
- Soarin: This ride makes me feel as if I have traveled all across the globe in 5 minutes! The new updated version takes you around the world, you travel over Fiji, the Egyptian pyramids, the Eiffel Tower, The Great Wall of China and more!
- Spaceship Earth: Although not much of a thrill ride, it’s a very cool one! You are taken to the beginnings of time to see how communication has progressed throughout history! All within Epcot’s premier landmark!
Next Stop: Animal Kingdom
Home to my favorite Disney ride and to so many cool experiences you will not find at your average theme park!
Must sees in Animal Kingdom:
- Kilimanjaro Safari: You board safari trucks to embark on a journey into an African savannah! This was so cool, we were able to see so many animals that you never get to see in the United States! *Tip: Go right when the park opens, the animals are most active then!
- Kali River Rapids: The perfect ride to cool off on a hot day! You board a raft to travel the rainforest. Depending on what way your raft floats, will depend on how wet you will get!
- Expedition Everest: My FAVORITE Disney ride! You are taken into the forbidden mountains in search of the legend of the Yeti. It is a high speed train ride throughout the mountains, making it feel as you are really there!
My friend V and I bought matching Lilly ears and tank tops for our trip! They are both Lilly inspired! We bought the tank tops here and the ears here! I love them and we got so many compliments on them! (We also have matching sunglasses, that was actually not intentional at all lol)!
Stay tuned for part 2 of my Disney adventures covering Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios!